Almost Christmas






We have had a great couple of weeks. In early December we went to Addie's 2nd birthday party and the kids decorated cookies shaped as trees and snowmen. They all had a blast! The weekend after Caitlin and I went on a playdate with 2 other girls from her class. The kids attempted to make bead candy cane ornaments but the attention spans were short. They were more interested in playing with each other and chasing McKenzie's 2 dogs around the house.

Last weekend we went to Terry's house for a Santa party. Santa showed up and each kid got to sit on his lap and tell him what they wanted for Christmas (I think there were 20 kids there... Elizabeth is VERY brave). Caitlin loved when Santa wanted through the door and was so excited bouncing up and down. When he made his way over to us she wasn't so sure and when it came her turn to sit on his lap she was certainly sure that is not where she wanted to sit! As you can see by the picture we ended up with a really good shot!

This weekend I was pretty sick. It started Wednesday or Thursday of last week and by Saturday afternoon it hit me. Sunday I was miserable and my wonderful husband took over and let me rest for 3 hours! He and Caitlin made me a picture to help me feel beet : )

Christmas Eve is in 2 days and we are having 12 people here! I am excited about Shawn and I hosting our first big holiday although it will be a sad time since papa won't be there. He is greatly missed by all that knew him.

On Friday my MIL & FIL are coming to visit so it will be a filled week of holiday fun with family. I am hoping my boss lets us go at 3pm tomorrow so I can get moving on some cleaning. With being sick this weekend I didn't get to any of it (so not like me!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's beginning to feel like Christmas....

Ballerina Caitlin

Fall soccer has begun....